Christos T. Adamopoulos is a Partner in the firm. He represents clients in the areas of corporate litigation, commercial litigation, Delaware corporate counseling, Delaware alternative entities, and governmental relations.
Chris has litigated cases before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the U.S. District of Delaware, the Delaware Superior Court, the American Arbitration Association, and federal and state courts in other jurisdictions. Chris has tried several high-profile cases involving such issues as corporate fiduciary duties, corporate governance, complex contractual disputes, and governmental relations.
- Representation of director and board chairman of publicly traded pharmaceutical company in breach of fiduciary duty litigation arising from merger into U.K.-based pharmaceutical company
- Representation of a nationwide municipal bond insurer in expedited litigation brought by preferred shareholder to enjoin reinsurance transaction.
- Representation of a European environmental services company in multi-million complex contractual dispute.
- Representation of bondholders liquidating trust of high-speed internet provider in breach of fiduciary duty litigation against controlling stockholders.
- Representation of the CEO of a Persian Gulf oil services company in breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
- Representation of large regional distribution company in high-profile breach of fiduciary duty litigation against former president.
- Representation of Delaware Division of Revenue against a challenge by General Motors to the State’s gross receipts tax, asserted under the dormant commerce clause of the U.S. Constitution.
- Representation of Pfizer, Inc., to enforce settlement agreement against Mylan Pharmaceuticals resolving alleged infringement of LIPITOR patents.
- Representation of Fortune 1000 equipment rental company in litigation seeking specific enforcement of merger transaction.
- Representation of national recruiting company in successful defense of company and board against multi-million dollar fiduciary duty and complex contractual claims.
- Representation of technology company in successful multi-million dollar arbitration against Fortune 500 distributor.
- Representation of market research firm in successful defense of company and board against multi-million dollar fiduciary and trade secret claims.
- Representation of technology company in licensing litigation against Fortune 500 telecommunications equipment manufacturer concerning patents covering high definition television technology.