David advises clients on a wide variety of commercial and corporate matters, including providing counsel on fiduciary duties and corporate governance issues, business start-up formations and choice of entity, domestic and international commercial contracts, financing transactions, stockholder and member relations and disputes, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, stock issuances, recapitalizations, and other matters regarding Delaware corporations, limited liability companies, and general and limited partnerships.
David has represented public and private companies and private equity sponsors in connection with mergers, joint ventures, minority investments, the purchase and sale of securities, assets and business units, rights offerings, registration statements, proxy statements, disclosure issues and other securities law matters.
From 2001 through 2006, David served as in-house general counsel to Access Group, Inc., a non-profit student loan company. In that capacity, David was fully accountable for the company’s legal, compliance, internal audit and internal control activities. He advised the board of directors and all levels of staff on all relevant areas of law, including intellectual property, higher education, privacy laws, debt collection, credit reporting, advertising and lending. David also negotiated and coordinated the company’s financing and securitization agreements, along with a wide variety of other vendor and customer agreements.
- Represented a leading customer relationship management automation company in the mortgage industry in its sale to a private buyer.
- Represented a residential and commercial moving company in its sale to a private buyer.
- Advised an app distribution and monitoring company in connection with Delaware and U.S. securities law issues relating to its overseas IPO.
- Advised a leading drug manufacturer regarding the potential impact of Section 271 of the Delaware General Corporation Law on a contemplated transaction.
- Advised a manufacturing company in connection with a merger offer made by its controlling stockholder.
- ILN-terviews: David Conway, Zen and the Art of Legal Networking (International Lawyers Network, 2018)
- Establishing a Business Entity: An International Guide (International Lawyers Network, 2017), Contributing Author