Jeff Wisler brings 30 years of commercial bankruptcy experience to his representation of creditors (secured and unsecured), committees, lenders (pre- and post-petition), asset purchasers and other parties-in-interest in large and complex cases before bankruptcy courts throughout the country.
Having personally appeared in more than 30 bankruptcy jurisdictions nationwide, Jeff’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, closely-held businesses, business groups, landlords, lenders, employee healthcare benefits providers and executives. He has worked on many of the largest and most high-profile commercial bankruptcy cases in the country, including Toys “R” Us, Radio Shack, Payless Shoes, Sun Edison, Caesars Entertainment, Eastern Outfitters, Hostess Brands, Tribune, Washington Mutual, General Motors, Chrysler, W.R. Grace, SemCrude, and Marvel Entertainment.
Jeff also represents clients in bankruptcy-related litigation, including fraudulent conveyance, avoidance, preference, automatic stay, lien priority disputes, claims subordination, fee recovery, and injunction actions.
Complementing his bankruptcy practice, Jeff has substantial experience litigating commercial disputes before the Delaware Court of Chancery and all other courts in the State of Delaware.
Jeff is a member of the Mediation Panel for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. He is a Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney, and is included in The Best Lawyers in America© and Delaware Today’s Top Lawyer ratings.
- Commercial Landlords – Toys “R” Us , Inc. (E.D.V.A.), Payless Shoe Source, Inc. (E.D. Mo.), RadioShack Corporation (D.Del.), Aeropostale, Inc. (S.D.N.Y.), Coldwater Creek Inc. (D.Del.), Blockbuster Inc. (S.D.N.Y.), Borders Inc. (S.D.N.Y.), Ritz Camera Centers, Inc. (D.Del.), Pathmark Stores, Inc. (S.D.N.Y.), Lear Corporation (S.D.N.Y.)
- Corporate Executives – Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (D.Del.), Tidewater, Inc. (D.Del.), Liquid Holdings Group, Inc. (D.Del.), Washington Mutual, Inc. (D.Del.), Tribune Company (D.Del.), Franklin Bank Corporation (D.Del.), Amp’d Mobile Inc. (D.Del.)
- Lenders – Project Cricket Acquisition, Inc. (D.Del.), Gulfco Holding Corp. (D.Del.), Ultimate Escapes Holdings LLC (D.Del.), World Health Alternatives Inc. (D.Del.), Marvel Entertainment Group Inc. (D.Del.)
- Employee Healthcare Insurance Service Providers – ITT Educational Services, Inc. (S.D. Ind.), Dowling College (E.D.N.Y.), Pioneer Health Services, Inc. (S.D.Miss.), Saint Michael’s Medical Center, Inc. (D.N.J.), Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc. (D.Del.), Hostess Brands Inc. (S.D.N.Y.), San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care Corporation (S.D.CA), Downey Regional Medical Center-Hospital (C.D.C.A.), General Motors Corp. (S.D.N.Y.), Chrysler LLC (S.D.N.Y.), United Air Lines Inc. (D.Del.)
- Buyers – Rupari Food Services, Inc. (D.Del.), Egenix, Inc. (D.Del.)
- Equipment Lessors – Coach Am Group Holdings Corp. (D.Del.), Atrium Company, Inc. (D.Del.)
- Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors – Prince Sports Inc. (D.Del.), Alpha Tube Corporation (D.Del.), Grant Geophysical Inc. (D.Del.)
- Trial Practice and Procedure: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Delaware State Bar Association
- Evidence in Bankruptcy Proceedings, ABI Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop
- Bankruptcy-Recent Case Law Update, Delaware State Bar Association
- Rights of Equipment Lessors in Bankruptcy, Equipment Leasing Association
- Delaware Local Bankruptcy Rules Delaware State Bar Association
- Managing Electronic Information When Bankruptcy Hits: The Problems and Pitfalls Companies (and their Lawyers) Face