Jeffrey C. Wisler is a Partner in the firm’s Bankruptcy Department.
Jeff has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial bankruptcy. He represents creditors (secured and unsecured), committees, lenders (pre- and post-petition), asset purchasers and other parties-in-interest in large and complex commercial bankruptcy cases before bankruptcy courts throughout the country.
Jeff has represented a variety of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, closely-held businesses, business groups, and individuals in many of the largest and most high-profile bankruptcy cases in the country, including Hostess, Tribune, Washington Mutual, Howrey, General Motors, Chrysler, Delphi, W.R. Grace, SemCrude, and Marvel Entertainment. Jeff frequently represents executives, landlords, lenders, equipment lessors and healthcare insurance companies.
Jeff also represents clients in bankruptcy-related litigation, including fraudulent conveyance, avoidance, preference, automatic stay, lien priority disputes, claims subordination, fee recovery, and injunction actions. Having completed the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Inaugural Bankruptcy Mediation training program, Jeff is a member of the Mediation Panel for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. In his role as mediator, Jeff helps parties resolve difficult issues outside the confines of litigation.
Complementing his bankruptcy practice, Jeff also has substantial experience litigating commercial disputes before the Delaware Court of Chancery, the Delaware Superior Court, the Delaware Supreme Court and other Delaware Courts.
Jeff is a Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated Attorney, and is included in The Best Lawyers in America. Jeff is also the Past-Chair of the Delaware Board of Bar Examiners.
- Commercial Landlords – Blockbuster Inc. (S.D.NY), Borders Inc. (S.D.NY), Ritz Camera Centers, Inc. (D.Del.), Pathmark Stores, Inc. (S.D.NY), Lear Corporation (S.D.NY), Goody’s LLC (D.Del.), The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (S.D.NY)
- Corporate Executives – Washington Mutual, Inc. (D.Del.), Tribune Company (D.Del.), Franklin Bank Corporation (D.Del.), Amp’d Mobile Inc. (D.Del.)
- DIP Lenders – Ultimate Escapes Holdings LLC (D.Del.), World Health Alternatives Inc. (D.Del.), Marvel Entertainment Group Inc. (D.Del.)
- Employee Healthcare Insurance Services Providers – Hostess Brands Inc. (S.D.NY), San Diego Hospice & Palliative Care Corporation (S.D.CA), Downey Regional Medical Center-Hospital (C.D.CA), Howrey LLP (N.D.CA), General Motors Corp. (S.D.NY), Chrysler LLC (S.D.NY), United Air Lines Inc. (D.Del.)
- Equipment Lessors – Coach Am Group Holdings Corp. (D.Del.), Atrium Company, Inc. (D.Del.)
- Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors – Prince Sports Inc. (D.Del.), Alpha Tube Corporation (D.Del.), Grant Geophysical Inc. (D.Del.)
- Trial Practice and Procedure: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Delaware State Bar Association, Wilmington, Delaware, 2010
- Evidence in Bankruptcy Proceedings, ABI Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop Hershey, Pennsylvania, 2009
- Bankruptcy-Recent Case Law Update, Delaware State Bar Association, Wilmington, Delaware, 2005
- Rights of Equipment Lessors in Bankruptcy, Equipment Leasing AssociationTucson, Arizona, 2003
- Delaware Local Bankruptcy Rules Delaware State Bar Association Wilmington, Delaware, 2000
- Managing Electronic Information When Bankruptcy Hits: The Problems and Pitfalls Companies (and their Lawyers) Face