Tim Holly focuses his labor and employment law practice on diverse areas of law impacting human resources. Having earned a master’s degree in industrial / organizational psychology before entering law school, Tim’s approach to labor and employment law incorporates not only legal considerations but also matters of broader business concern (e.g., return on investment, leadership, team synergy, etc.). Tim’s client counseling, negotiation, and employment transactional services, including the drafting of human resources policies, non-competition / solicitation / confidentiality covenants, and employment and severance agreements, help prevent litigation and labor disputes. However, when necessary, Tim zealously represents clients in alternative dispute resolution, before administrative agencies, and in state and federal courts, as lead and local counsel.
- Rumanek v. Independent School Management, Inc.
- Myer v. Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc.
- Alred v. Eli Lilly and Company
- Currie v. Dentsply Intern., Inc.
- Eaton v. Raven Transport, Inc. et al.
- Dentsply Intern., Inc. v. Coley
- Kelly Services, Inc. v. Dentsply Intern., Inc.
- Rohm and Haas Co., v. Dow Chemical Co.
- Washington v. Autozoner, Inc.
- Dougherty v. Blize
- Zicarelli v. Boscov’s Dept. Store, LLC
- L&W Ins., Inc. v. Harrington
- EDIX Media Group, Inc. v. Mahani
- Barton v. Innolink Systems, Inc.
- “‘Ban the Box’ Law a Tricky New Issue for Employer,” In Delaware Business.
- “The Causation Standard For Retaliation Claims Under Employment Discrimination Statutes: Ambiguity of ‘Central Importance’”, Del. L. Rev. vol. 15:1 (2014), at 71-82.
— Read Timothy’s Insights
- “Four New Delaware Employment Laws That Every Delaware Employer Should Know About”
- “Recent Case Law Developments Relating to the Wage Payment and Collection Act of the State of Delaware”, Del. L. Rev. vol. 14:1 (2013), at 71-74.
- “A New Protected Class Under Delaware Law: Firefighters and Ambulance Personnel.”
- “Supreme Court Rules for Employers on Title VII Retaliation Claims.”
- “Expect the Unexpected: Labor Law Issues Impacting Non-Unionized, Private Employers.” In Delaware Business.
- “Managing Competition in the Medical Profession.” In Delaware Medical Journal.
- “Employee Furloughs . . . Saving Costs or Creating Liability?” In Delaware Banker.
- “Furlough Programs for US Employees – clever solutions or tricky traps?” In Benefits & Compensation International.
- “The Dangers in Managing Medical Leave.” In HR Times.
- “New Rule 16: Now Mandatory Alternative Dispute Resolution.” In Delaware Business Law and Litigation Report.
- “Restrictive Covenants in Employment Agreements Can Impact the Bottom Line.” InDelaware Business Law and Litigation Report.
- “Finding Fraud Perpetrated Against the State of Delaware.” In Delaware Government Legal Quarterly.
- “Good News For Reference Givers.” In DCA News.
- “Pitfalls In Maintaining Personnel Files.” In Delaware Government Legal Quarterly.
- “A Hire Standard: Improving Employee Selection Can Help Keep You Fully Staffed-and Out of Court.” HR Magazine.
- “Potential Responsibility under CERCLA: Canadyne-Georgia Corp. v. NationsBank, N.A. (South) – An Illustration of why we need a Federal Rule Defining ‘Owned’ and ‘Operated.” In Villanova Environmental Law Journal.
- “Stereotyping: Self-Perceived Masculinity in Men and Men’s Perceptions of Femininity in Women.” A Thesis Submitted to the Faculty of Xavier University.