At Connolly Gallagher, appeal attorneys understand the complex nature of appeals in both state and federal courts. As reliable experts, we represent companies, public bodies, and individuals throughout the entire appellate process. We are equipped to assist with preserving issues for appeal, deciding whether to take an appeal, and advocating in written briefs and at oral arguments.
We assist both clients who require independent appellate counsel and those looking to appeal decisions in ongoing legal proceedings.
Our experienced Appeal attorneys handle appeals from the Delaware Superior Court and the Court of Chancery to the Delaware Supreme Court.
Our Employment Law team helps clients appealing from decisions of administrative boards, including the Division of Professional Responsibility, the Board on Professional Responsibility, and the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board.
Our Government Law team has represented government bodies and individuals on appeal from numerous administrative boards at both the State and local level, including Boards of Adjustment, Boards of License, Inspection and Review, Planning Boards, Boards of Election, and have handled appeals to the Delaware Coastal Zone Industrial Control Board, the Delaware Public Service Commission, and the Delaware Department of Labor.
Our Appeal attorneys have notable experience, such as serving as counsel for the State of Delaware in the landmark case of New Jersey v. Delaware before the United States Supreme Court.
- Town of Cheswold v. Central Delaware Business Park, -A.2d -, 2018 WL 2748372 (Del. June 9. 2018) (en banc).
- Flowers v. Office of the Governor, C.A. No. N16A-05-004 FWW, 167 A.3d 530 (Del. Super. Ct. 2017)
- Golf Course Assoc., LLC v. New Castle County, C.A. No. 200, 2016 (Del. 2016) (Amicus brief on behalf of the American Planning Association and the Delaware Chapter of the American Planning Association).
- Nichols v. City of Rehoboth Beach, et al., 2015 WL 8751180 (D. Del. Dec. 14, 2015) (currently on appeal to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals).
- Sierra Club v. Delaware Dept. of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, 2015 WL 6747438 (Del. Nov. 5, 2015).
- Matter of Gunn, 122 A.3d 1292 (Del. 2015) (en banc).
- New Castle County v. Pike Creek Recreational Services LLC, 82 A.3d 731 (Del. Ch. 2013), aff’d, 105 A.3d 990 (Table).
- Donnelly v. City of Dover, 2011 WL 2086160 (Del. Super. Ct. Apr. 20, 2011).
- State of New Jersey v. State of Delaware, 552 U.S. 597 (2008).