Hank Gallagher has been practicing law for more than forty years following a judicial clerkship in which he worked for a variety of judges on cases in the Delaware Superior, Chancery and Supreme Courts. He has extensive experience in corporate and commercial litigation in the state and federal courts in Delaware. His practice also includes advising Delaware companies, boards of directors, managers, and special committees, on issues of law governing corporations and business.
Hank is the Immediate Past Chair of the Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, the professional organization responsible for overseeing legislative changes to Delaware’s nationally-prominent corporation and entity laws. He has been recognized since 2006 by Best Lawyers in America® in several practice areas, currently including corporate law, corporate governance, commercial litigation, M&A litigation and Banking & Finance litigation. He is ranked among Delaware’s leading Chancery practitioners according to Chambers USA: Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Hank has been recognized in Delaware Super Lawyers and by Delaware Today, Top Lawyers for commercial and corporate law and he is AV® rated in Martindale-Hubbell's Preeminent™ Peer Review certification.
Hank is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society for trial attorneys. He has served by appointment of the Delaware Supreme Court on its Board of Bar Examiners (1999-2005) and Board on Professional Responsibility (1984-1992). He has been appointed by the Delaware Court of Chancery as a custodian, receiver, or trustee of various Delaware entities. Hank has served for many years as a member of the board of directors of United Cerebral Palsy of Delaware, Inc., and currently serves as an associate advisor although no longer a board member.
- 2020 Amendments to Delaware's General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes
- 2019 Amendments to Delaware's General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes
- 2018 Amendments to Delaware's General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes
- TransPerfect Bill is Misguided, Supporters Using Misinformation
- Court of Chancery Issues Best Practices Guidelines for Practitioners
- Delaware State Bar Association, COVID-19-Spawned "Busted Deals": Contractual Rights, Obligations and Defenses to Performance, July 2020
- Delaware Judiciary Annual Retreat, presentation re: process for developing and considering potential amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law and related matters, October 2019
- Practising Law Institute (PLI), "Delaware Law Developments 2014: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know", May 2014
- Practising Law Institute (PLI), "Delaware Law Developments 2013: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know", May 2013