Hank Gallagher has been practicing law for more than thirty years following a judicial clerkship in which he worked for a variety of judges on cases in the Delaware Superior, Chancery and Supreme Courts. He has extensive experience in corporate and commercial litigation in the state and federal courts in Delaware. His practice also includes advising Delaware companies, boards of directors, managers, and special committees, on issues of law governing corporations and business.
Hank serves as Chair on the Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association, the professional organization responsible for overseeing legislative changes to Delaware’s nationally-prominent corporation and business laws. He has been recognized since 2006 by Best Lawyers in America® for corporate law, commercial litigation, and M&A litigation. He has also been recognized in Delaware Super Lawyers and by Delaware Today, Top Lawyers for commercial and corporate law. Hank is AV® rated in Martindale-Hubbell's Preeminent™ Peer Review certification.
Hank is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society for trial attorneys. He has served by appointment of the Delaware Supreme Court on its Board of Bar Examiners (1999-2005) and Board on Professional Responsibility (1984-1992). He has been appointed by the Delaware Court of Chancery as a custodian, receiver, or trustee of various Delaware entities. Hank has also served for many years as a member of the board of directors of United Cerebral Palsy of Delaware, Inc.
- 2019 Amendments to Delaware's General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes
- 2018 Amendments to Delaware's General Corporation Law and Alternative Entity Statutes
- TransPerfect Bill is Misguided, Supporters Using Misinformation
- Court of Chancery Issues Best Practices Guidelines for Practitioners
- Court of Chancery Precludes Limited Partner from Prematurely Withdrawing Its Investment from Partnership