Karen Bifferato represents all types of creditors and vendors, trustees, successor corporations, purchasers, directors and officers, employees and shareholders in commercial Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, and has substantial commercial litigation and transactional experience. Karen represents her clients in bankruptcy cases and in bankruptcy-related litigation before courts throughout the country, including the United States District Court for the District of Delaware and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. She has substantial experience regarding non-bankruptcy creditors’ rights matters including assignments for the benefit of creditors, receiverships, and general collection matters.
As a complement to Karen’s commercial bankruptcy practice, she renders advice and prepares substantive non-consolidation opinions for securitized transactions that occur throughout the country. She also renders advice and prepares opinions concerning Delaware corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and statutory trusts.
Karen has chaired the Diversity and Inclusion Committee for Connolly Gallagher since 2018, and has been a member of the firm's Attorney Review Committee since Connolly Gallagher was founded in 2012.
Karen has been selected for the past several years for both Delaware Today's Top Lawyers list and The Best Lawyers in America® list.
- Opinion Clients: 2019 Amendments to the Delaware Alternative Entity Statutes and Delaware General Corporation Law
- Contributing Author, Delaware Statutory Trusts Manual (Matthew Bender, 2010)
- "Welcome to the Main Event", Turnaround Management Association, Philadelphia-Wilmington Chapter (2020)
- "Closing A Big Deal" - Marshall-Wythe School of Law Leadership Conference, The College of William and Mary (2016)
- "When Creditors Overreach; Tales of Bad Faith", American Bankruptcy Institute 7th Annual Mid-Atlantic Conference (2011) (speaker and contributing author of corresponding written materials)